Lost Won (Liaisons #3) - S.E. Culpepper This is book three in a series, while you do not have to read them in order to enjoy this book, I think you will understand Christian better if you read book two.I will just say that I love this author's voice. Her writing style is very similar to how I think and compose stories, so it is very easy for me to get pulled into her world. I love the humor and the descriptions, there is just enough angst to make me go "yeah" and relate.I am a bit of a masochist, so when Christian would react to Kevin or have a choice to make, I could completely understand his mindset.What I think was so good was how realistic the homosexuality in the military seemed. I have no reference, but the angst, fear, hatred, and pride seemed actuate. I always hate m/m books that make gays in the military seem completely acceptable within ranks. I especially loved how the author dealt with Kevin's need to remain in-charge of his "outness" with his men.I think that there was more emotional substance in this one compared to the other, which might be due to a sophistication of writing style. The first two books, while excellent, had a bit of built in conflict that the storyline could simply be written out. This one to me, dealt a bit deeper into the male psychology and how to make this type of relationship work. There is plenty of angst, don't get me wrong, but this seemed to be more of a character sketch of two emtionally immature imperfect men finally finding their way in their own skin.That being said, I also want to say that there is not a whole lot of explicit sex like you see in m/m books. There is still hot sexy time, but it seems more like their passion and love igniting because it can not be contained than as a replacement for plot.Very beautiful story and Christian will just break your heart. You might need a hanky.