Acceleration (Impulse) - Amelia C. Gormley Acceleration is book two in the Impulse series by Amelia C. Gormley. The novel, Acceleration, by Amelia C. Gormley was supplied for review by the author. While it should be obvious to say, this is a honest review and I was not influenced by any action of the author. Acceleration is the second novel in the Impulse series by Amelia C. Gormley in which I have read. Basic Plot: The romance between Derrick and Gavin continuous to unfold, as they deal with their relationship and how their pasts influence their future. Thoughts: As with the writing of book 1, I found the dialogue exciting and provoking. One of my litmus tests of a quality read is if I find memorable quotes. I found within Acceleration a strong theme that Gormley continues throughout the series. I especially enjoy how Derrick’s struggles are examined and evolve, just like in real life, simply falling in love does not solve all of your problems.I also really enjoyed the BDSM aspect of their sexual relationship. It was pleasing to see the evolution, much like it would in any couple as they learn to trust each other. There were also a few humiliation play scenes that were very hot, which is not often seen in many romance books. Note that, I did not feel it was extreme and it felt like it advanced their relationship and was not just an excuse for kinky sex.This is book two in a three book series and I found that it suffered from the same issues that the Star Wars Trilogy or Lord of the Rings faced. In a typical book, you have the initial exciting meeting, then the conflict (internal or external), the climax, and finally the resolution and conclusion of the storyline. But, when the centralized theme is carried throughout three books, the middle book has less action and the focus is on that internal conflict with no resolution. This middle act often focuses on internal turmoil and with no real action it becomes a slow read. Perhaps the author tried to make up for this lack of action by increasing the number of sex scenes. However, I found the amount of sex scenes a little overwhelming and skimmed those toward the end.I know that the author had a good reason for breaking up these two books, but I rather think I would have preferred combining the two and cutting out about 1/3 of the sex scenes. Playing the devil’s advocate here, I also read many books in between the two, so I would recommend reading the first two books of this series back to back. Conclusion: Acceleration , book two in the Impulse series by Amelia C. Gormley is a well written book that explores the emotional journey of two emotionally injured men. The book delves into a budding sexual relationship exploring BDSM. I look forward to reading the final book in the series, Velocity to find the conclusion of this emotionally charged series.Overall I enjoyed the book, although I could not help but like the first book better. I suspect that the last book of the series will give us back that "excitement" that the first book had as the conclusion of the story.