The Concubine's Gift - K. Ford K. *** Note: I was given this novel by the author for review***This was an extremely good book, it was a nice change of pace from the romance books that I have been reading.The author has the ability to describe such a colorful town, both in the conservative townspeople as well as the liberal members. The author could have chosen to go over the relationship of Bernice or tried to make a romance out of the book, but instead she focused her purpose on one protagonist’s self-discovery.Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I have so many quotes that touched me, but this review could only be so long. It has been a while since I have read a book that had such a well-built and uniformed theme. I found connections and concepts from A Game of Thrones to foot binding. I can say that every woman should read this book and reflect on their life. Is there anything that you need to change and be honest to yourself and others? As Shakespeare says: “to thine own self be true.”